Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Finding Meaning in a Dusty Shop

The dusty, radiant Seattle Stair & Design shop
Summer has waned and now crisp autumn mornings accompany my awakening self to work. Each year this transition invariably draws me into reflection upon my current blessings. Presently, I find myself part of a passionate group of creative collaborators, encouraged to seek the epitome of quality, and supported in my endeavors by kind, intelligent mentors. It is an honor to be daily met by persons of integrity and witness their attention to craft, perseverance, and infectious joie de vivre. In this stair shop we are playing out an old story, part of a pre-historic movement, seeking beauty through manual creation and thereby providing the tangible reality so sought after by our imaginative brothers and sisters. Placing our weight behind the plane or guiding the chisel through tough end grain with practiced precision brings each of us closer to life. How fortunate we are to suffer these dusty days of triumph.

Michael Lane -Craftsman


No comments: