Friday, March 29, 2013

Irish Coffee Contest Winners



Each March, we gather the Seattle Design Community to celebrate collaboration, craftsmanship and St. Patrick's Day.  This year's Irish Coffee Event was a tremendous success- much to the spirit and participation of our guests.

In addition to fine Irish Coffee, flaming bananas foster and woodworking displays, our guests indulged in a variety of games.

We congratulate all of our winners and thank everyone for their participation. Each winner will receive a Seattle Stair & Design tee-shirt and hand turned ornament.

Go For the Gold: Jennifer Chase and Buu Christman

Find the Clovers: Lyn Quickslund

Best Dancer: Art Burt

Limerick Contest:  Dave & Andrea Lisch

Our guests were challenged to verse us in stairs and St. Patty's day traditions in the form of a limerick. Although not all of the entries were in true limerick style, we'd never heard a collection of poetry with as much affection for stairs.  Here are a few of our favorites.


First Place: 

When I walked in the door, the shop did look good
I was impressed by all the fine stairs made of wood
With an Irish Coffee to drink
My cheeks turned all rosy and pink
And I counted all the shamrocks I could.
-Dave & Andrea Lisch

Honorable Mentions: 

There were some stairs built in Seattle
To install it was such a battle
With swishes and swirls made their way East
And now reside on the shores of Sammamish
-Lyn

Mouse in a house
On a couch he went on a stair
I went too
He went up
I went up too.
I caught him in a shoe.
-Anonymous Child

On this St. Patty's Day
So happy and gay
Let us play a game of musical chairs
For who gets to do what when we go upstairs
-Ryan Christman

At the foot of the stairs
I can feel my cares
As I climb each flight
My worries become light
So at the top all is fair
-Ken Myers



No comments:

Post a Comment